To share and teach Self-Love through yoga, meditation, teaching, and empowering others.
Karen began practicing yoga 30 years ago out of curiosity, then 10 years later, realized it was necessary as part of her self-care routine. Karen has scoliosis and yoga has helped prevent the usual worsening of back problems. Karen is “constantly recovering from something”, so is a compassionate and caring teacher and always happy to discuss with her students how to help an issue, injury (old or new) or strengthen/stretch something.
• 200-hour certification Center for Healthy Living, 2004
• 40-hour continuing training with David Swenson–Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series, 2004
• 40-hour continuing training with Larry Shultz–The Rocket (Ashtanga), 2008
• 30-hour continuing training with Govinda Kai–Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series, 2013
• Hosted Nagin Sanghavi, Sanskrit Scholar and Yoga/Hindu Historian from Mumbai, 2011 & 2012
• Laughter Yoga Leader Training, Two-Day Training–Sebastian Gentry, 2013
• Attended Various Workshops: Inversions, Iyengar, Adjusting, Eischens Yoga, since 2004
• Meditation/Surat Shabd Yoga Study with Ishwar Puri, since 2001
Current studies: therapeutic yoga for chronic pain, injuries, and illness.
Styles taught: Ashtanga, Hatha, Restorative Yoga, The Rocket, Meditation.
Levels taught: Beginner through Advanced & Continuing Teacher Education.